FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A ruptured gas main near the intersection of Spring Valley Road and Dallas Parkway has lanes closed and could snarl traffic into the Tuesday afternoon rush hour.
According to Farmers Branch Police, a work crew accidentally hit the line at noon. As a precaution, authorities have closed southbound Dallas Parkway at International Drive, just north of Spring Valley. Additionally, only two lanes are open on westbound Spring Valley between the Dallas North Tollway and Inwood Road. Likewise, the North Texas Tollway Authority has closed the southbound off ramp from the southbound Tollway to Spring Valley.
There have been no evacuations but officials said it could take several more hours before the leak is contained.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Latest DPD Recruiting Class Inspired By Tragedy
- Unbalanced Diets Could Cause Copper Toxicity
- Seventy Years In Police Work And Still Going Strong
- Keller ISD Taking Heat For ‘Opt Out’ Option On Watching Inauguration
- Mother, Grandmother Of Accused Cop Killer Say He’s A Schizophrenic
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures