Police: TCU Student Death Ruled Homicide
This story was updated at 12:55 a.m. on Jan. 5
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The death of a 23-year old TCU student who was found dead at his off-campus residence Tuesday morning has been ruled a homicide.
Fort Worth police and emergency services were called to the GrandMarc at Westberry Place Apartments on West Bowie after 23-year-old Stewart Trese was reportedly found in the hallway of his residence.
Fort Worth PD Homicide Investigators said Trese’s death was the “result of a an altercation,” and that there was apparent trauma to the student’s body.
No arrests have been made, but a campus spokeswoman said law enforcement has located the suspect and that there is no concern to TCU students’ safety.
A manner or cause of death has yet to be determined, and the investigation is considered ongoing.
According to a campus-side e-mail sent from Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Kathy Cavins-Tull, Trese was a senior marketing major.
“We are saddened by the loss of a valued member of our community and our thoughts and prayers are with Stewart’s family at this time,” Cavins-Tull wrote.
The TCU student news media TCU360 was the first to break the news:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Postal Distribution Center Catches Fire
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Suspect Arrested, Charged In Deputy Killing
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures