Report: RadioShack To Close Hundreds Of Stores
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Fort Worth-based Radioshack is closing more than 10 percent of its stores.
The electronics retailer will shutter about 500 locations, according the Wall Street Journal. The newspaper didn’t report which stores would close, but said the changes would happen within the year.
Radioshack sent the following response about the closures via email to CBS 11 News:
RadioShack’s policy is that the company does not comment on speculation or rumor.
Radioshack has made efforts in the past to overhaul its outdated image, but has had little success.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures