NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth-based Radioshack is closing more than 10 percent of its stores.
The electronics retailer will shutter about 500 locations, according the Wall Street Journal. The newspaper didn’t report which stores would close, but said the changes would happen within the year.
Radioshack sent the following response about the closures via email to CBS 11 News:
RadioShack’s policy is that the company does not comment on speculation or rumor.
Radioshack has made efforts in the past to overhaul its outdated image, but has had little success.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Where Have Multi-Sport High School Athletes Gone?
- Cowboys Zeke: Marketable, Flashy And Great
- Man Says Cartel Hired Him To Stalk Southlake Lawyer
- Tide Could Roll In NFL Draft Round 2
- How Amazon Convinced People To Pay For Shopping
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures