Republican Abbott To Unveil Border Security Agenda
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) – Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott is laying out his border security agenda if elected governor in November.
Abbott was expected Tuesday to roll out his plan at a Dallas nonprofit that helps women exploited by sex traffickers. His agenda is also expected to include broader proposals on immigration and criminal justice in Texas.
Abbott has laid low in recent weeks as most attention in the governor’s race has focused on Democrat Wendy Davis and questions about her personal story. She’s dismissed the criticism as baseless personal attacks.
Border security has emerged as a big issue in Republican primary contests _ but not in the governor’s race. That’s because Abbott has no real challenger for the GOP nomination.
The primary is March 4.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 90’s Vs Now: Comparing The Triplets
- Early Apple Computer Sells For $905K At Auction
- Texas Task Force Offers Plans To Stop Ebola Spread
- East Texas Man Found Guilty Of Scalding Boy
- Bank Of America To Refund Apple Pay Customers Charged Twice
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures