Globe Life Park…It Could’ve Been Worse, Rangers Fans
Globe Life Park … Globe Life Park … Globe Life Park. Just let it marinate into your cerebral cortex all while trying to penetrate remnants of dollar dogs and Blue Bell ice cream.
As announced Wednesday, Globe Life Park is the new name for the Rangers home in Arlington and while many fans will unintentional refer to it as “The Ballpark in Arlington” as much as I refer to P.Diddy as Puff Daddy, the new name should be more accepted then rejected.
One of the rumored names in the bidding war was Samsung. Could you have imagined that?! Samsung Park next to AT&T Stadium?!
Jerry Jones would’ve declared an emoticon war against Jon Daniels…although…can you send emoticons from flip phones?
Also, the name “Globe Life” is GREAT for the younger generation of Rangers fans that swap multi-syllable words for witty catchphrases:
“Wanna see a game at The Globe?”
“Another strikeout? Man, there is so much drama in the G-L-P!”
Its true, Metroplex. The name for the Rangers home could have been worse and now is the time to embrace Globe Life Park. Let’s just hope Jon Daniels doesn’t do anything drastic and tattoo “Globe Life” across his stomach…partnerships last for 10 years, but ink lasts a lifetime.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Flights Canceled, Some Schools Close Amid Texas Winter Storm
- Dallas County Deputies Spend Morning Rescuing Stuck Drivers
- 5 Potential Breakout Stars For The Texas Rangers In 2015
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [6-10]
- Baylor Lady Bears Going For 5th Straight Big 12 Title
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures