Rangers RHP Roe Rejects Minors, Becomes Free Agent
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Right-hander Chaz Roe has rejected an outright assignment by the Texas Rangers to the minor leagues and elected instead to become a free agent.
The decision came Wednesday, a week after Roe was designated for assignment by the Rangers.
Texas acquired Roe in a Nov. 1 waiver claim from Arizona. The Rangers designated him for assignment last week after being awarded left-hander Pedro Figueroa on a waiver claim from Tampa Bay.
Roe made his major league debut with the Diamondbacks last season, going 1-0 with a 4.03 ERA in 21 appearances over four stints.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Longtime Rangers Clubhouse Manger To Be Laid To Rest
- 5 Dead In Apartment Building Fire Near San Antonio
- Indigent Defense Idea To Get First Test In US
- Kim Williams To Plead Guilty For Her Part In Kaufman Murders
- Cowboys Dominate Redskins 44-17 In Regular Season Finale
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures