Duck Commander Now NASCAR Title Sponsor At TMS
Sports Fan Insider
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – It was the NRA 500 in 2013. Now, more controversy is coming to Texas Motor Speedway in 2014.
Texas Motor Speedway on Thursday announced a multiyear title sponsorship agreement for its spring race with Duck Commander, the brand of best-selling duck calls and Robertson family-owned company featured on the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.” The deal is for the spring race at the track.
The April 6 race, with estimated average crowds in excess of 150,000 fans, will be known as the Duck Commander 500.
It is a three-year deal with a renewable option for an additional three years. Financial terms weren’t revealed.
“This is perhaps the most unique sponsorship in professional sports because not only does this come with special branding, it comes with celebrity spokespeople that are followed by tens of millions of people every week,” Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage said.
“Fans will see members of the Robertson Family and cast of Duck Dynasty and all the rest during Duck Commander 500 week here at Texas Motor Speedway and we have produced some awesome merchandise that both race fans and Duck Commander fans will love. This marriage is perfection.”
TMS President Eddie Gossage says it’s a unique sponsorship in professional sports, coming with celebrity spokespeople who are followed by millions of people each week.
Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson says the company is thrilled to align itself with NASCAR and the Texas spring event.
“We are all big fans of NASCAR and have been all our lives,” said Robertson. “It’s especially exciting to see our brand join to make it an awesome experience for the fan base and we can’t think of a better place than our neighbor at the Texas Motor Speedway.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Love Field Makeover Expected To Wrap Up October 2014
- Ray Rice Assault Frames Arlington Pastor’s Sunday Message
- 10 People Injured In DART Accident
- Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray Grounds Titans
- Cowboys Ride Murray To 26-10 Win Over Titans
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures