Texas A&M Defeats Mississippi State 72-52
Sports Fan Insider
COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Texas A&M snapped a five-game losing streak with a 72-52 victory over Mississippi State on Wednesday night before 4,626 fans in Reed Arena.
Jamal Jones led the Aggies with 20 points and fellow forward Kourtney Roberson followed with 14. The Aggies (13-9, 4-5 SEC) and Bulldogs (13-9, 3-6) had lost eight consecutive games between them entering the contest, and A&M avenged an 81-72 overtime loss in Starkville, Miss., on Jan. 18 that kicked off the Aggies’ losing streak.
MSU, in playing its first game in history in College Station, traded leads with A&M until early in the second half, when the Aggies pulled away thanks to a relentless 16-0 run. A&M’s defense held the Bulldogs scoreless for more than 10 minutes in that stretch – from the 16:26 mark (36-35) to 6:08 (52-37).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Costco, Trader Joe’s Among Stores In Nationwide Fruit Recall
- Library Honors Billy Joel With US Pop Music Prize
- DISD Board Votes To Give Superintendent Miles Extension
- Kaufman County: No Illegal Immigrant Children Here
- Officials Investigating Sudden Rise In Cyclospora Infection Cases
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures