Texas Approves Contracts For Football Assistants
AUSTIN (AP) — The University of Texas Board of Regents has approved contracts for new football coach Charlie Strong’s assistants.
Texas is giving each of the 10 assistants a three-year contract. That’s a change at a school that typically puts them on a year-to-year basis.
Defensive coordinator Vance Bedford will get the largest salary at a base of $760,000. Quarterbacks coach and assistant head coach Shawn Watson will make $610,000. Bedford and Watson came with Strong from Louisville.
Offensive coordinator Joe Wickline, who Strong hired from Oklahoma State, will be paid $535,000.
Although the staff has been on the job for weeks, their salaries and contracts had to be approved by the board. The board approved the contracts with a unanimous vote Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gallardo Earns 100th Career Win As Rangers Top Jays 4-1
- North Fort Worth Residents Complain Of Foul Odor
- Welcome To Texas: Old Red Museum
- Police Praise Actions Of 10-Year-Old Approached By Suspicious Driver
- Confirmed Case Of Rubella In TCU Community
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures