AUSTIN (AP) — The University of Texas Board of Regents has approved contracts for new football coach Charlie Strong’s assistants.
Texas is giving each of the 10 assistants a three-year contract. That’s a change at a school that typically puts them on a year-to-year basis.
Defensive coordinator Vance Bedford will get the largest salary at a base of $760,000. Quarterbacks coach and assistant head coach Shawn Watson will make $610,000. Bedford and Watson came with Strong from Louisville.
Offensive coordinator Joe Wickline, who Strong hired from Oklahoma State, will be paid $535,000.
Although the staff has been on the job for weeks, their salaries and contracts had to be approved by the board. The board approved the contracts with a unanimous vote Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Homeowner, Burglary Suspect Exchange Gunfire; Suspect Struck
- As Early Voting Begins, Both Parties In N. Texas Say They’re Energized
- Gun Law Seldom Enforced In Texas Leaves Weapons In Hands Of Abusers
- Suspect With Knife Shot, Killed By Denton Officer
- Skimming Devices Found On Pumps At Busy Gas Station In Pleasant Grove
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures