2 Killed, 1 Injured In Fort Worth House Fire
FORT WORTH (AP) - A woman and her young child have been killed in a North Texas house fire that investigators say was sparked by a suspected electrical problem.
The woman’s husband, and the father of the child, was injured in the blaze Thursday evening in Fort Worth. Fire Capt. Tom Crow said Friday the fire began in the living room of the single-story, wood-frame home.
The names of the three have not been released and the man was being treated in the burn unit of a Dallas hospital. Authorities have corrected the age of the boy to 4.
Crow says the man was able to escape the flames. Firefighters found his wife and child in the rear of the home.
Crow says no smoke detectors were found in the home.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Injured Vietnam Vet Still Fighting To Get Purple Heart
- Texas Health Commissioner Still On Job After Scathing Report
- Fort Worth Fire Dept Makes Quick Work Of 3-Alarm Motel Fire
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut
- New Parkland Hospital Hopes To Give Patients A Comforting Experience
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures