FORT WORTH (AP) – A woman and her young child have been killed in a North Texas house fire that investigators say was sparked by a suspected electrical problem.
The woman’s husband, and the father of the child, was injured in the blaze Thursday evening in Fort Worth. Fire Capt. Tom Crow said Friday the fire began in the living room of the single-story, wood-frame home.
The names of the three have not been released and the man was being treated in the burn unit of a Dallas hospital. Authorities have corrected the age of the boy to 4.
Crow says the man was able to escape the flames. Firefighters found his wife and child in the rear of the home.
Crow says no smoke detectors were found in the home.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former President George Bush Greets Those Saying Goodbye To Former First Lady
- Former Marine, DPD Officer Fighting For His Life After Brain Hemorrhage
- Pot Politics: Schumer Joins Politicians Rethinking Marijuana
- Woman Suspected In Minnesota, Florida Deaths Caught In Texas
- Karolyis To NBC: ‘No Way’ They Knew About Doctor’s Behavior
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures