Dallas Police Arrest Suspected Serial Rapist
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Dallas Police have arrested a suspected serial rapist they say is responsible attacking three people, including a teenage girl.
At a midday news conference, DPD Deputy Chief Gil Garza said the suspect, later identified as Jesus Alalid Madrid-Dubon, 27, sexually assaulted a 16-year-old on February 4. Madrid-Dubon pulled a gun on the teen and forced her to have sex on an isolated, dead end street in Northwest Dallas’ industrial zone, according to police.
Three weeks prior to that attack, police say Madrid Dubon attacked a woman on the same block. Police say they identified the suspect in that attack, but did not have enough evidence to arrest him. Since then, detectives have linked the suspect to a third rape from August 2013. The first two sex assaults involve adult victims.
Madrid-Dubon was arrested at his Irving residence early Friday morning. Chief Garza said the arrest was built on a photo lineup, but police remain concerned there are more victims out there.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures