Cowboys dismantle Colts 42-7, winning NFC East | Game Recap | Local Picks | Pick'em To Win | Cowboys News
Postgame reaction NOW on 105.3 The Fan! | Listen

Local

House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & Son

View Comments
fatal Fort Worth fire

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

453641528 10 House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & SonAdorbale Baby Animals To Put A Smile On Your Face

christmas on kluv dl House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & SonListen To Christmas Music

176461204 10 House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & SonWomen With Santa

 alt=Musicians Then And Now II

452359780 10 House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & SonMissing Summer?

sx House Fire Claims Lives Of Mother & Son Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Family members and neighbors were stunned to learn the fate of a mother and her son who were rescued from their burning home Thursday night.

The two died from their injuries Friday in the hospital.

A fire started at their home in the 900 block of West Bolt Street just before 7 p.m. Thursday.

The boy’s father, who family members identified as Flavio Saldivar, was able to escape the blaze but not without severe burns.

“The fire, it started in the front. The windows were breaking,” said neighbor Miguel Anguiano.

Saldivar’s fiancé, who family member’s identified as Karla Guajardo, and their adopted son, Jesus, whom they called “Coco,” were trapped inside the burning home.

Coco was believed to be around 6 years old.

“Me and my dad came out here and were trying to find a way in through the front door, but the fire was in the front. The whole living room was on fire,” Anguiano said. “So we went through to the back and the backdoor had a lock.”

The backdoor was locked from the outside with a Masterlock.

Firefighter’s then arrived and used axes to get into the home. They managed to pull Guajardo and her son, who were found in the home’s bathroom, out of the home.

Saldivar is in critical condition in the burn unit at Parkland Hospital.

Family members say Guajardo and Saldivar were engaged recently and were expecting a child.

The Fort Worth Fire Department said an electrical malfunction sparked the blaze.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Latest News:

Top Trending:

View Comments