Michigan To Receive $6 Million For 2017 Opener At AT&T Stadium
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Michigan’s football team will receive a $6 million participation fee for its 2017 season opener against Florida at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Michigan released its contract for the Cowboys Classic on Friday. The game is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 2.
The contract is dated Dec. 14, 2013, and it includes language that says if Florida is provided a greater financial guarantee than Michigan’s participation, Michigan can receive additional consideration until its guarantee equals Florida’s.
The contract says ESPN receives a $5 million guarantee from CSLP Stadium LP and a $1 million sanction fee from the Stadium Events Organizing Committee. ESPN pays the $6 million to Michigan.
This game will be played at AT&T Stadium, home to the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. Michigan played in 2012 Cowboys Classic, losing 41-14 to Alabama.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Perry Open To Sending US Troops To Iraq
- Keselowski Gets 1st NASCAR Truck Series Win
- Ron Washington To Manage MLB All-Stars In Japan
- Garrett: LB Holloman’s Career Likely Over Due To Neck Injury
- Former Teacher Tammy Lowe Found Guilty Of Manslaughter
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures