Michigan To Receive $6 Million For 2017 Opener At AT&T Stadium
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Michigan’s football team will receive a $6 million participation fee for its 2017 season opener against Florida at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Michigan released its contract for the Cowboys Classic on Friday. The game is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 2.
The contract is dated Dec. 14, 2013, and it includes language that says if Florida is provided a greater financial guarantee than Michigan’s participation, Michigan can receive additional consideration until its guarantee equals Florida’s.
The contract says ESPN receives a $5 million guarantee from CSLP Stadium LP and a $1 million sanction fee from the Stadium Events Organizing Committee. ESPN pays the $6 million to Michigan.
This game will be played at AT&T Stadium, home to the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. Michigan played in 2012 Cowboys Classic, losing 41-14 to Alabama.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Corps Decides Against Releasing More Water From Lake Lewisville
- Dallas Police Asking For Hundreds More Body Cams
- Nimitz High Classmates React To Student Murder
- Texas Senate OKs Wrongful Conviction Exoneration Commission
- Widow Files Lawsuit Against Fort Worth Police, Says Husband Was Unarmed
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures