FORT WORTH (CBS 11 News) – Nearly 300 airmen with the 301st Fighter Wing returned home around 7:30 p.m. Sunday from a deployment to support Operation Enduring Freedom.
The airmen were deployed for various lengths of time in Afghanistan out of Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth.
The reunion was touching for the hundreds who came. CBS 11 is told by many families how great it is to have loved one back.
For Maj. Michael Barron, it was his second homecoming.
“It’s great – face time and Skype doesn’t do it justice,” Barron laughed. “Yeah, it’s pretty awesome to be back.”
Barron’s first tour was to Iraq.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Poultry Mogul Bo Pilgrim Dies At 89
- Truck Driver Could Face Death Penalty In Deadly Human Smuggling Case
- Mammoth Remains Uncovered In Parker County
- Police Seek Man Who Assaulted Two Different Women On Same Night
- Texas Senate OKs School Vouchers Amid House Opposition
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures