BURLESON (CBSDFW.COM) – North Texas Jellystone Park is looking to hire 50 lifeguards, food service workers and seasonal employees at a job fair Sunday.
The hiring process will be done in order to accommodate to the park’s $1 million expansion of Pirate’s Cove water park.
The fair will be held Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. for any those interested. Applications can be found online here.
North Texas Jellystone Park, located at 2391 S. Burleson Boulevard in Burleson, expects the project to be completed by May 1.
“The new Pirate’s Cove attractions will include a 60-foot tall Kamikaze Slide that provides a nearly vertical slide as well as a 60-foot tall ‘fast track’ with six side-by-side lanes that provide a 350-foot-long slide,” according to statement from the park.
Two 40-foot-tall corkscrew slides with slides, a paintball play area and a new food court will also be constructed.
In addition, a 700-foot-long lazy river and a stage area for concerts and “dive in” movies are part of the project plans.
Pirate’s Cove first opened in May of 2012.
Jellystone Park General Manager Steve Stafford said Pirate’s Cove has been a major draw for the North Texas Jellystone Park, which includes 235 campsites as well as 34 cabins and 24 park model cottages.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Radiohead Releases New Song Ahead Of World Tour
- Abbott Selects Longtime Aide To Lead Texas Health Commission
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Nyquist Looks Ready To Wear Roses
- Road Expansion Could Disrupt McKinney Farmland
- John Daly At 50, And The Senior Circuit Beckons
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures