Man Sought In Murder Case Found Dead
DENISON (AP) - Investigators are trying to determine if a North Texas man sought in the slaying of his ex-girlfriend killed himself or froze during wintry weather.
The Grayson County Sheriff’s Office on Monday said autopsy results are pending on Aaron Lynn Smith.
A murder warrant was issued for Smith after Thursday night’s fatal shooting of Yvonne Gauthier. She was attacked at her home near Denison, 70 miles north of Dallas.
Lt. Rickey Wheeler says Smith’s body was found Friday afternoon in his pickup truck in Cartwright, Okla. Wheeler says investigators believe Smith died from a mixture of pills and alcohol, or he froze to death, or a combination. A rifle was recovered from the truck.
Smith’s body was discovered when officers in Bryan County, Okla., checked a report of a suspicious vehicle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Facebook Post Lands Mineral Wells Man In Jail
- GOP Lawmakers: Guns On Campus Bill Has Votes To Pass Senate
- Twitter Threats Directed At Dallas-Bound Flight
- North Texas Serviceman Surprises Son At School
- Super Bowl Ad With Tony Romo Pokes Fun At Dez Bryant “Catch”
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures