DENISON (AP) – Investigators are trying to determine if a North Texas man sought in the slaying of his ex-girlfriend killed himself or froze during wintry weather.
The Grayson County Sheriff’s Office on Monday said autopsy results are pending on Aaron Lynn Smith.
A murder warrant was issued for Smith after Thursday night’s fatal shooting of Yvonne Gauthier. She was attacked at her home near Denison, 70 miles north of Dallas.
Lt. Rickey Wheeler says Smith’s body was found Friday afternoon in his pickup truck in Cartwright, Okla. Wheeler says investigators believe Smith died from a mixture of pills and alcohol, or he froze to death, or a combination. A rifle was recovered from the truck.
Smith’s body was discovered when officers in Bryan County, Okla., checked a report of a suspicious vehicle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Some Cruz Supporters Surprised He Dropped Out
- Fort Worth Police Honor 59 Officers Killed In Line Of Duty
- Lake County Escaped Inmate Tracked To Texas Via Cellphone
- Fort Worth Officer Rescues Dog On Interstate
- Frisco To Vote On Confusing, Controversial Alcohol Proposition Saturday
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures