Plano Apartment Fire Likely Caused By Burning Cigar
PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – Investigators believe a lit cigar caused a Plano apartment fire over the weekend that has displaced 19 families. No injuries were reported and fire fighters were able to rescue two dogs from the blaze.
The two-alarm fire started Sunday afternoon at the Saxony at Chase Oaks apartments in a building that contained 20 units. All of them except one was unoccupied.
Investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the fire, but say it looks the fire started in the storage closet on the balcony of a third floor apartment. The apartment resident told investigators that he was smoking a cigar on the balcony before the fire started. He thought he put out the cigar before placing it in the storage closet.
Two apartment units received extensive fire damage, ten others have heavy water damage. The American Red Cross is helping tenants who have been moved from their homes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Appeals Court Will Review Rick Perry’s Abuse Of Power Charge
- 7 Reasons To Hate Toronto…or Maybe Dislike Them Some
- Experts Advise Getting Vaccinated Regardless Of Flu Season Severity
- Express Scripts To Cover Pricey New Cholesterol Treatments
- FWISD Students On ‘Walking School Buses’ For International Walk to School Day
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures