CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Richard Petty says Danica Patrick can only win a Sprint Cup Series race “if everybody else stayed home.”
The seven-time champion made the comment during an appearance at the Canadian Motorsports Expo in Toronto, according to the website wheels.ca.
Petty also said Patrick only gets attention because she’s a woman, but added that publicity is good for NASCAR.
Patrick is headed to Daytona International Speedway this week to begin her second full season at NASCAR’s top level. She became the first woman a year ago to win the top starting spot for the Daytona 500 and she finished eighth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures