Sansom Park Crews Battle 2 House Fires
Get Breaking News First
SANSOM PARK (CBSDFW.COM) - A pair of back-to-back fire calls kept emergency crews in Sansom Park busy on Sunday night.
The first incident was reported at around 10:30 p.m. at a home in the 5100 block of Urbanview Street. According to investigators, the family kept their gas oven open to help provide heat. But when the pilot light went out, natural gas filled the home. A 67-year-old man inside of the house lit a cigarette in bed and there was an explosion.
That man was left with first and second degree burns. He was taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas, but his current condition is not yet known. The five other people who were inside of the home at the time of the explosion were all able to escape without serious injury.
While firefighters were still on the scene of that incident, another call came in about flames and smoke showing at a home in the 5600 block of Yeary Street. Crews arrived on the scene and were able to get the entire family out safely. However, the house was a total loss. Fire investigators believe that a short in an electrical panel is to blame in this case.
- Suspended Cowboys S Hamilton: ‘I Didn’t Get To The Test In Time’
- Cowboys Finish Winless Preseason With 27-3 Loss To Broncos
- Extra Public School Funding May Come From Taxpayers
- Some Collin County Cities Scaling Back Water Restrictions
- Report: Drugs Killed Oklahoma Inmate In Botched Execution
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures