Sen. Ted Cruz: Washington Not Prioritizing American’s Needs
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Conservatives teeming with anti-Washington frustration are talking about driving the Republicans’ policy agenda and ousting GOP leaders who don’t adhere to their ideology.
At dueling meetings in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol on Monday, two of Washington’s most aggressive political organizations outlined conservative agendas that in some ways run counter to a strategy preferred by Republican leaders in Congress. Tea party-styled leaders vowed to prevail over moderates in the party and longtime politicians.
Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas says, quote, “Americans are frustrated because their priorities are not the priorities of Washington.” The tea party favorite says the frustration crosses party lines.
That irritation could be a boon for conservative candidates, especially the crop of hopefuls who are looking to take on incumbent lawmakers from their own party.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- Texas Tech Extends Kingsbury Through 2020
- Border Patrol Agent Fires At Armed Militia Member
- Football: Guyer, Allen Face Off In Denton
- Woman Sips Toxic Tea At Dickey’s Barbeque & Survives
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures