DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Forget the fancy dinner this Valentine’s Day, this year you’ve got a more adventurous choice.
The third annual “Butterfly Kisses” event is being held at Texas Discovery Gardens.
Sarah Gardner, PR & Marketing Manager with Texas Discovery Gardens shared with us what the event includes. “We feature a nice romantic evening stroll through our Butterfly House. It’s just so nice to walk through here in the evening. It’s a total different experience than during the day. You’ll have crickets serenading you as you walk down the ramp.”
You’ll also learn about love in a whole new way with a popular talk on insect reproduction called “Bug Love”.
Gardens told us the highlight for most is dessert. “We end the evening with tasting of chocolate covered insects. Meal worms covered in chocolate and chocolate covered crickets for the more adventurous.”
But if bugs aren’t your thing, no worries, the evening also includes champagne and non-insect hors d’oeuvres.
“Butterfly Kisses” is from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on February 14. Reservations are required by Wednesday to ensure a spot.
Tickets are $28 per person or $40 per couple for members of the Texas Discovery Gardens and $35 per person or $50 per couple for non-members.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Officer, Military Service Members Receive Vehicle Donations
- El Paso Police Searching For Convicted Sex Offender
- GCISD Unveils $18M Improvements Plan For Football Stadium
- Baby Partially Removed From Womb For Surgery, Then Put Back
- Texan Calls 911 To Confess To 1986 Murder
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures