DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – At least four people have died in traffic accidents on icy North Texas roads including a Dallas firefighter who was knocked from an Interstate 20 ramp.
A police report says firefighter William Scott Tanksley died Monday night after being struck by a vehicle. Tanksley, who responded to a weather-related accident, fell more than 50 feet.
An SUV driver died Tuesday in Tarrant County when his vehicle skidded on an icy bridge and hit a tree. His name wasn’t immediately released.
A man was killed before dawn Tuesday in a wreck on westbound I-20 in Forest Hill. A coroner says Jeffrey Rozas died at the scene.
A 16-year-old girl, identified as Katelyn “ShyAnn” Hooper, died Monday night in Denton County in a two-vehicle wreck near Haslet. Her passenger and fellow classmate, Brianna Christensen, was seriously injured in the crash.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Golfing Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Rangers Can’t Complete Sweep, Fall To A’s 7-1
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Rides To Strong $35M Debut At Box Office
- Gas Prices Up Four Cents To $2.25 A Gallon
- Baltimore Police: Three Gunmen Shoot, Wound Eight In Attack
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures