DETROIT (AP) — Graco is recalling nearly 3.8 million car safety seats because children can be trapped by buckles that may not unlatch.
The recall covers 11 models sold from 2009 through 2013.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has received at least 80 complaints about the seats. Parents reported having to use excessive force to unlatch the harness buckle. In some cases, the straps had to be cut to free children.
Affected models include Cozy Cline, Comfort Sport, Classic Ride 50, My Ride 65, My Ride with Safety Surround, My Ride 70, Size 4 Me 70, Smartseat, Nautilus, Nautilus Elite and Argos 70.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida Nightclub Shooting Leaves Two Dead, 16 Hurt
- Texas Democrats React To Drama As National Convention Begins
- More Than A Dozen Structures Coming Down At The Stockyards
- North Richland Hills Church Involved In Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Children Turns Self In To Police
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures