Most North Texas Drivers Play It Safe On Slick Roads
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – As of Noon Tuesday, Dallas’ Department of Street Services continued its sanding operations at Ice Force Level 1. Crews focused on bridges, overpasses, inclines and critical public safety areas.
Most drivers however, reported no problems with icy streets and highways in the early part of the day.
As of 3 p.m., the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) reported no weather-related crashes in Dallas County on highways and toll roads.
Jeff Garner drove past several abandoned cars on Highway 67 that he assumed were involved in crashes during an icy period Monday night.
“I think when you have a bunch of days like this in a row, it tends to make people through repetition get used to it, and slow down,” said Garner.
Nadine Jabal owns the Tiger Mart gas station and convenience store on South Polk. She still hopes to leave work early, depending on the road conditions. “For the most part I think people are trying to be more cautious.”
Tow truck driver Efrain Beliz stayed busy working with broken down drivers. “One of the things I would recommend to everybody: winterize your vehicles!” he suggested.
Preparing your vehicle for the cold would include things like making your tire pressure isn’t low and checking the levels of your wiper fluid and antifreeze.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
- 3 Men Arrested In Shooting Death, Robbery Of Dallas Mom
- Affidavit: Killer Left Mall With Body Of Christina Morris In Trunk
- 24-Hour Manhunt Ends After Truck Slams Into Police Cruiser
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures