Why American Eagle Had Most Cancelled Flights at DFW
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – De-icing delayed some departures at DFW International Airport.
American Airlines says it had to cancel 350 flights to and from DFW today, the most throughout its system.
Allie Michel and Alyssa Schor’s mid-morning flight from Indianapolis was among them, so they had to find an earlier flight.
Schor says, “They told me that I could take an 8pm flight, but we had to be here by a certain time today, so it took about an hour and a half, and we did get on the 8:30 a.m. flight.”
Like Schor’s flight, American says most of those cancelled were on American Eagle.
That’s because there’s less de-icing equipment at DFW for the regional jets Eagle flies than there is for larger mainline jets.
Regional jets are also more limited when it comes to flying in stormy or wintry weather than bigger jets.
Michel and Schor have come to Dallas for a youth conference, and aren’t the only ones who had to pack their patience for this trip.
Michel says, “I feel like a couple have had delays and they’re working around it.”
Southwest Airlines says it had only scattered, short delays at Dallas Love Field.
But as the wintry weather moves East, there could be thousands of delays and cancellations.
If you’re flying to the east coast, call your airline first.
American Airlines is now allowing customers headed to many east coast destinations to change their travel plans free of charge.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Light Up Arlington Packs Streets For Annual Display
- Patrick Grassroots Board Dissolves Amid Tea Party Grumbling
- Flooding And FAA Almost Force Coppell To Cancel Fireworks
- Kaboom Town Over Capacity, Turns People Away
- Business Boom At Lake Arlington
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures