DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Next time you talk with a Dallas cop…smile. You could be on camera.
About 50 Dallas Police officers have been wearing the cameras and recording their actions for the last month or so. Because they are so small…Deputy Chief Andy Acord says it’s tough to tell which officers have them.
“It goes with the officer when they get out of the car,” said Acord. “It records everything that occurs between the officer and whoever they contact.”
Police Chief David Brown wants the cameras to be standard equipment to cut down on disputes during arrests. The video can also be used in court just as dashboard camera video is used.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remains Of Two Train Workers Found; One Still Missing
- Victims In Royce City Triple Fatal Crash ID’d
- Man Accused Of Killing Store Clerk Turns Himself In
- On The Rise: Jon Rahm Taking A Shortcut To The PGA Tour
- DISD Teacher Charged In Federal Child Porn Case
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures