DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Next time you talk with a Dallas cop…smile. You could be on camera.
About 50 Dallas Police officers have been wearing the cameras and recording their actions for the last month or so. Because they are so small…Deputy Chief Andy Acord says it’s tough to tell which officers have them.
“It goes with the officer when they get out of the car,” said Acord. “It records everything that occurs between the officer and whoever they contact.”
Police Chief David Brown wants the cameras to be standard equipment to cut down on disputes during arrests. The video can also be used in court just as dashboard camera video is used.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Arrest Man Who Shot At Officers
- Trump Outlines First Hundred Days Of Administration If Elected
- No. 6 Texas A&M Overpowered By No. 1 Alabama 33-14
- TCU Falls To No. 12 West Virginia 34-10
- AT&T Buying HBO And CNN Owner Time Warner For $85.4 Billion
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures