DFW AIRPORT (CBS 11 NEWS) – It’s a picture perfect day to fly out of Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
The sun is out and the sky is blue, but not everyone has been able to get on a plane and head to their destination.
“What are you going to do?” asked Colorado resident Tammi Bio. “It’s weird because it’s so nice here. It’s like, why are we delayed again?”
As many as 600 flights, across the country have been canceled. Cities up and down the east coast are being hammered by snow and ice.
“They just canceled. There is no way to go to Hartford,” said Rick Montelongo, who is from San Antonio “We’ve looked at different options but the airport is shutdown and it’s not looking good… downhill for the rest of the day.”
The stranded packed Terminal C all day. The expectations of many of the travelers have changed. Some say they don’t even care if they get home, just as long as they start getting closer to home.
“You are at the mercy of Mother Nature so what can you do?” asked Arizona resident Katharine Ramirez. “We are frustrated and I know all these people are too,” she said looking around.
The earliest Ramirez and her daughter can catch a flight to Washington D.C. is Saturday. Other’s are still waiting and searching for an empty seat.
“There is no point going anywhere else,” D.C. resident Alon Vogel said frustrated. “I might as well just stay here where it’s nice and warm.”
They’re no replacement for your own bed but DFW Airport has put out some cots inside the terminal in case stranded travelers need a place to rest or sleep.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texans Flock To Airport, Fly Home For Thanksgiving
- Retail Expert Says “Bleak Friday” Isn’t Worth It
- Grand Jury Indicts 2 In Death Of Off-Duty Police Officer
- Suspect Reportedly Shot, Killed By Homeowner Identified
- Arlington Police Crack 3 1/2-Year-Old Double Homicide Case
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures