BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – Crews from Atmos Energy were up early Thursday morning working to repair a natural gas leak at a road construction site in Bedford. The incident happened at about 2:45 a.m. at the intersection of Highway 183 and Brown Trail.
A third-party construction crew was working on a water-related project at the location when they struck a two-inch gas line. That leak had an impact on about 10 nearby businesses, which lost their natural gas service. But there were no evacuations and no injuries were reported.
Brown Trail was shut down in both directions Thursday morning at Highway 183 so that crews could work to fix the gas leak. This had a major impact on the rush hour commute, forcing many motorists to seek out alternate routes. The closure was also located near L.D. Bell High School, and many students were met with unexpected traffic delays while trying to get to classes on Thursday.
This area of Bedford is also a part of the North Tarrant Express road construction project, and already known to have frequent traffic delays.
Atmos Energy expects that the natural gas pipe will be repaired by early Thursday afternoon, and that traffic along Brown Trail would be running smoothly again soon afterward.
- As Early Voting Begins, Both Parties In N. Texas Say They’re Energized
- Gun Law Seldom Enforced In Texas Leaves Weapons In Hands Of Abusers
- Suspect With Knife Shot, Killed By Denton Officer
- Skimming Devices Found On Pumps At Busy Gas Station In Pleasant Grove
- Baker Mayfield Picks Up Davey O’Brien Award In Fort Worth
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures