Dallas Police Warn Of Driveway Robberies
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Families in several Dallas neighborhoods are on alert after armed suspects have targeted residents in their driveways. This has happened 20 times this year, and police are now using neighborhood associations and Facebook to notify as many homeowners as possible, in hopes of preventing more crimes from taking place.
The last 13 robberies have all happened in northeast Dallas. Most of the attacks occur in alley driveways, as residents are returning to their homes sometime after nightfall. “They’re following cars in driveways, holding people up by gunpoint or knife,” said homeowner Mason Murphy.
In the most recent case, a woman was coming back home on Friday night when she was attacked by three armed men. Dallas resident Michael Haley was a witness to the crime. “I was watching and saw three guys,” he said. “My sister screamed, ‘They’ve got a gun.’ Her boyfriend threw her in the front door.”
Police do not think that the same individuals are responsible for all of these incidents. The suspect descriptions have been varied and the attackers do not always use the same weapons.
Anyone with information about these cases is urged to contact the Dallas Police Department immediately.
- Cowboys Planning To Miss Injured McClain
- 10 Reasons Why #NBADramas Should Be Your New Favorite Meme
- Agriculture Commissioner Staples To Resign
- Former Rangers Manager Ron Washington To Break Silence On Resignation
- PepsiCo Wants NFL To ‘Seize The Moment’
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures