NASCAR’s Patrick Reacts To Petty’s Criticism
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — NASCAR driver Danica Patrick is responding to Hall of Famer Richard Petty’s criticism.
Speaking at Daytona 500 media day Thursday, Patrick says the seven-time champion is entitled to his opinion. She adds that good things could come from it.
Patrick says, “As I said the last time somebody said something that was not so positive for me, it spawns so many positive articles. I love the conversation that it creates in sport, and across the board it makes sports interesting. It makes life interesting when people have different perspectives, and that’s fine with me.”
Petty said last week that Patrick can only win a Sprint Cup race “if everybody else stayed home.”
Petty, speaking at the Canadian Motorsports Expo in Toronto, also said Patrick gets attention because she’s a woman, but added that publicity is good for NASCAR.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hamilton’s Homers Help Rangers To 7-4 Win Over Red Sox
- Rangers Mt. Rushmore: Best 2nd Baseman
- Big 12, Big Money: Schools Share Record $252M In Revenue
- Hamlin Wins The Pole At Dover International Speedway
- Keidel: No One Is More Motivated To Win Than LeBron James
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures