DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Thursday the City of Dallas announced an event partnership meant to help prospective homebuyers.
Dallas is teaming up with Wells Fargo Bank in holding a 2-day Neighborhoodlift® Program event.
The program is meant to educate individuals about the possibilities of homeownership including: the steps to getting a home loan, how to manage the financial responsibilities of homeownership and if making the move toward homeownership is a good one for you.
Individuals can also find out if they qualify for the down payment assistance program. The assistance, which could be as much as $15,000, is provided by grants from local non-profit organizations. The down payment assistance grants may also be used to take out a new mortgage purchase 203k renovation loan.
While admission is free, those wanting to attend the Neighborhoodlift event are encouraged to register online.
Those making an appointment or walking in should also bring financial documentation if planning to discuss qualification for down payment assistance.
The Neighborhoodlift event will be held at the Hilton Anatole, 2201 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, 75207. Professionals will be onsite February 28 and March 1, from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Young TCU Baseball Fan And Honorary Horned Frog Dies Of Cancer
- Frisco Residents Petition Against Proposed Electric Substation
- Grieving Mother Heartbroken Again: The Statewide Search For A Lost Locket
- North Texas College Students, Universities Prepare For Campus Carry
- Texas Attorney General Sues Austin Over City Hall Gun Ban
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures