Texas Democratic Stars To Appear Together
SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Gubernatorial hopeful Wendy Davis is making a relatively rare appearance with two of Texas’ other brightest Democratic stars.
The state senator from Fort Worth will join lieutenant governor candidate Leticia Van de Putte and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro on Thursday.
They will gather at a San Antonio middle school where Davis will propose early childhood policy initiatives.
Davis and Van de Putte, a state senator from San Antonio, aren’t official running mates.
But both should easily win the Democratic nominations during next month’s primary — just the fifth time in at least the past 20 years that a party has nominated women for both governor and lieutenant governor.
Castro, meanwhile, keynoted the 2012 Democratic National Convention and has often been mentioned as a possible future gubernatorial candidate.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures