DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Dallas County health officials are tracking a rare adult case of the measles.
County Health Director Zach Thompson says the 49-year-old man has recovered from the disease seen most often in children. Thompson says it appears to be an isolated case of measles, with no additional signs of infection among people who were in contact with the man.
The case is unusual in that the man who contracted measles had not traveled outside the United States.
Most American adults who get the measles contract it while traveling internationally.
Dallas County officials are investigating to find out how the local man got the measles.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot In Fort Worth
- Astronaut Tweets Superb Image Of Moon Shot By Spaceship
- Tough Texas Woman Fights Off Snakes With Her Bare Hands
- Dottie Pepper On PGA Championship: ‘A Very Intimidating Layout’
- Fort Worth Firefighters Give Young Cancer Patient Day To Remember
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures