DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas SWAT surrounded an apartment unit believed to be housing an assault suspect on Friday morning. When SWAT moved in, the suspect was nowhere to be found.
Police initially responded to the apartment in the 300 block of Ewing near the Dallas Zoo around 9:45 a.m., where a female victim was reportedly assaulted.
The victim advised officers that the suspects were still inside the apartment and might be armed.
Dallas SWAT established a perimeter, evacuating many nearby units.
Hours later, after “loud hailing” any potential suspects and receiving no response, SWAT entered the apartment and found no one inside.
Police are following up with the victim, who was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
DISD placed two nearby schools — James Bowie Elementary and Hector Garcia Middle School — on “shelter in place status,” which means no visitors are being allowed in the schools.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Entrepreneurship Camp Teaches Success In Business And Life
- FWISD Selling Grand Pianos And Other Musical Instruments
- City Cuts Ties With Kayak Company After Alleged Racist Remarks
- GOP Opposition Imperils Senate Health Care Bill
- Puppy Will Return To Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures