DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas SWAT surrounded an apartment unit believed to be housing an assault suspect on Friday morning. When SWAT moved in, the suspect was nowhere to be found.
Police initially responded to the apartment in the 300 block of Ewing near the Dallas Zoo around 9:45 a.m., where a female victim was reportedly assaulted.
The victim advised officers that the suspects were still inside the apartment and might be armed.
Dallas SWAT established a perimeter, evacuating many nearby units.
Hours later, after “loud hailing” any potential suspects and receiving no response, SWAT entered the apartment and found no one inside.
Police are following up with the victim, who was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
DISD placed two nearby schools — James Bowie Elementary and Hector Garcia Middle School — on “shelter in place status,” which means no visitors are being allowed in the schools.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Recovery Efforts Continue For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures