David Stern Elected To Basketball Hall Of Fame
NEW ORLEANS (AP) – David Stern is going from the NBA commissioner’s office to the Hall of Fame.
The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014.
Stern retired on Feb. 1 after exactly 30 years as commissioner, during which he brought the league to its greatest success.
Stern was elected by the contributors committee. Also directly elected to the Hall of Fame were Lithuania star Sarunas Marciulionis, former Indiana Pacers coach Bob “Slick” Leonard, former New York Knicks player Nat “Sweetwater” Clifton, and Guy Rodgers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 12 Texas A&M Loses Jones For Season
- Crashes Continue As Snow Day Turns To Night
- Snow Day Brings Accidents, Traffic, & Some Fun Across North Texas
- Good Samaritan & His Hummer Saving Stranded Drivers
- Snow, Ice Cause Daytime & Commute Problems In Denton County
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures