Rangers Sign RHP Tommy Hanson To 1-Year Deal
ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW/AP) – The Rangers announced Friday that the club has signed free agent pitcher Tommy Hanson to a one-year major league contract for the 2014 season.
Hanson was 4-3 with a 5.42 ERA in a difficult season with the Los Angeles Angels that included a right forearm injury and the death of his stepbrother.
The Angels traded for Hanson after he won at least 10 games in all four seasons with Atlanta.
The Rangers made room for Hanson by putting left-handed reliever Joseph Ortiz on the 60-day disabled list with a broken left foot.
Texas will start the season without left-hander Derek Holland, who injured his left knee in an accident at home
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Rick Barnes Says He Wanted To Stay As Texas Coach
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Should Andrus Drop To 7th Or 8th At-Bat And Choo Go Second?
- Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures