COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Courtney Walker scored 25 points as No. 14 Texas A&M came back to beat Georgia 78-73 in overtime on Thursday night.
Texas A&M (19-6, 9-2 SEC) trailed 62-56 with just more than a minute left in regulation, but scored six straight points — including a layup by Jordan Jones with 25 seconds left — to force overtime.
In the extra period, Courtney Williams hit a jumper with 35 seconds remaining to give Texas A&M a 74-72 lead. The Aggies then hit four free throws down the stretch to seal their 12th win in 14 games.
Georgia (16-8, 4-7) seized a 19-4 lead to begin the game as Texas A&M went more than 7 minutes without a point. The Aggies erased a double-digit deficit in the second half with 15 straight points to take a 38-35 lead.
Williams finished with 13 points while Merritt Hempe had 19 for Georgia.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth ISD Board To Vote On Sanctuary Schools Resolution
- Plano Rejects Development Plan After Residents Protest
- President Trump Denies ‘Major Leak Process’ At White House
- Motley 23 Points For No. 11 Baylor To Beat No. 10 WVU 71-62
- No. 2 Baylor Rolls Oklahoma 103-64 Days After Mulkey’s Rant
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures