DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas police officer who was shot early Saturday afternoon at 13030 Audelia Road is said to be stable and will recover from his non-life threatening injuries.
The good news came directly from the @DallasPD twitter account:
CBS 11 is told 5-year DPD veteran Joshua Burns was rushed to Baylor Medical Center. He was shot in the leg, shoulder and upper body, but was protected by his vest.
The suspect in the incident, Rakeem Perkins, turned himself in to police around 6:00 p.m. Saturday, after he ditched his vehicle and fled on foot.
Perkins is said to be suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
CBS 11 will bring you updates at the become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Four Big Games To Watch This College Football Saturday
- Police Shoot & Kill Suspect In Carrollton
- Thursday Night Breakdown: Titans, Jaguars In Battle Of Struggling QBs
- Subaru Recalls 4 Models; Turbo Air Pump Can Catch Fire
- Southwest 3Q Profit Falls 34 Percent On Higher Costs
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures