Dallas Police Officer Shot Stable, Expected To Recover
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A Dallas police officer who was shot early Saturday afternoon at 13030 Audelia Road is said to be stable and will recover from his non-life threatening injuries.
The good news came directly from the @DallasPD twitter account:
CBS 11 is told 5-year DPD veteran Joshua Burns was rushed to Baylor Medical Center. He was shot in the leg, shoulder and upper body, but was protected by his vest.
The suspect in the incident, Rakeem Perkins, turned himself in to police around 6:00 p.m. Saturday, after he ditched his vehicle and fled on foot.
Perkins is said to be suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
CBS 11 will bring you updates at the become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Hold Off Canucks To Win 6-3
- Consumer Alert: Another Road Block In Air Bags Recall
- Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee Dies At 93
- Top 5 Places To Look For Hidden Fees & How To Avoid Them
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures