Services For Fallen Dallas Firefighter To Be Held Sun. & Mon.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Funeral and viewing services are set for Sunday and Monday for the Dallas firefighter who fell to his death while assisting with a major car crash during an ice storm.
William Scott Tanksley, 40, was knocked off the Spur 408 bridge Monday night and fell more than 50 feet onto Interstate-20 below while working a multi-car chain reaction crash on the icy overpass at the time.
Viewing services for Tanksley are scheduled for Sunday, February 16, from 6-8 p.m. at the Eubanks Funeral Home, 601 State Hwy 198 in Mabank.
His funeral service is scheduled for Monday, February 17, at 10:00 a.m. at the Terrell ISD Performing Arts Center, 400 Poetry Rd. in Terrell.
He will be buried at Restland Cemetery-Garden of Honor on Greenville Ave. in Dallas.
According to reports from the Terrell Tribune, a procession will take place to transport Tanksley’s body from Terrell to Dallas.
“The contingent heading to the cemetery will travel north on State Highway 205 to Rockwall [from Terrell] and then move onto Interstate 30 heading west into Dallas,” the Terrell Tribune reports.
Several thousand people are anticipated to mourn the loss of Tanksley, including many fire department representatives both locally and from across the state.
Tanksley, who was a star baseball player at Kemp High School, coached his son’s little league baseball team in nearby Mabank.
Tanksley was a 14 year veteran of Dallas Fire Rescue. He leaves behind three young children and a wife and is being remembered as a beloved coach and role model.
His family is accepting donations at City Credit Union, Account # 1775670-1 or they can be mailed to Chaplain’s Services, 1551 Baylor Street, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75226.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Carrollton Asks Residents To Invest In Water
- You’ve Waited Long Enough: SPAM Snacks Are Here!
- Chuck E. Cheese Adding More Beer, Wine To Menu
- 5 Burning Questions For The 2015-16 NHL Season
- This Week In College Football: What’s Wrong With Ohio State?
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures