American Airlines Flight Diverted For Non-Compliant Passenger
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An American Airlines flight leaving from Chicago on its way to London Heathrow Airport made an unscheduled stop in Gander, Newfoundland after a passenger became non-compliant with flight crews.
The unruly passenger is described as a 35-year-old male, but has not been identified.
Roughly an hour into the flight, he became “non-compliant” according to Kent Powell, a spokesperson for the Fort Worth-based airline company.
The 8-person crew deemed the man a safety risk, and decided to stop at the closest convenient airport.
He was removed from the 187 passenger plane by in Newfoundland by local authorities.
The plane refueled and continued on to London Heathrow, where it arrived at 8:32 a.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Your 20-Step Cowboys Free-Agency Guidebook
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures