Disney’s “Little Mermaid” Opens At Music Hall
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Disney’s The Little Mermaid opens the Feb. 18 at The Music Hall at Fair Park and it’s better than Broadway. It’s a brand new version of Disney’s The Little Mermaid and it’s produced by Michael Jenkins for Dallas Summer Musicals.
Director, Glenn Casale added more to the story of the mermaid seeking her human prince. The story also adds the relationship between a father and daughter and how to support her in her decisions. Chelsea Stock has played the role of Ariel before. She shared with CBS 11 how it’s relatable.
“It’s a girl who’s aching to be somewhere else and has this dream and she wants her father and her family to understand,” said Stock.
One of the other major changes in this show is Ariel’s sea is 15 feet above the stage. “This is the first time I’ve ever flown,” said Stock. Acting and singing all while flying. “Fly Guy,” Paul Rubin helped Stock make the role look effortless.
Then it was my turn to take a at just the flying part. First, some tips from Rubin. “When you swim you will want to undulate your body a little like you’re swimming.” Let me tell you it was not an easy feat and while Chelsea and I do look alike, I don’t think I see ‘understudy’ anywhere in my future.
Disney’s The Little Mermaid is playing through March 2. Click here for ticket information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Veterinarian Fired, Being Investigated For Cat Death
- Hindu Temple Upset And Guard After Temple Vandalized
- Time To Grab Some New Studs Before Anyone Else In Your Fantasy League Does
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures