TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) – Karla Gilbert scored 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting to lead No. 14 Texas A&M to a 71-46 rout over Alabama on Sunday.
Courtney Williams and Courtney Walker added 12 points apiece for the Aggies (20-6, 10-2 SEC), who shot 53 percent from the field to secure the program’s ninth-straight 20-win season. Jordan Jones scored six points and dished out 10 assists.
Texas A&M took control early with a 17-3 run capped by a Curtyce Knox layup that made it 25-12 with 6:23 to go in the first period, and carried a 37-22 advantage into the break. The Aggies continued to pull away in the second half.
Alabama (11-14, 4-8) led briefly after a three-point play by Nikki Hegstetter that made it 9-8 early in the first half but then quickly fell behind.
Ashley Williams led the Crimson Tide with 19 points and nine rebounds, while Daisha Simmons added 10 points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Hate Killing Suspect’s Kin ‘Shocked, Horrified’
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures