Ticket Issued To Driver In Fatal Fort Worth Crash
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — The driver of a truck responsible for the death of a 16-year old student at Northwest High School has been issued a traffic ticket.
ShyAnn Hooper was killed last Monday evening when an oncoming pickup swerved on an icy road, slamming into her Ford Contour head on. The passenger, Brianna Christensen, was seriously injured in the crash and placed in ICU at a Fort Worth hospital.
DPS trooper Lonnie Haschel says that the driver of the truck, April Seleska, is getting a traffic ticket — but not for exceeding the speed limit.
“Unsafe speed,” said Haschel. “The driver was driving a vehicle at a speed that was not reasonable and prudent for the existing road conditions.”
Haschel says that the slick roads were a contributing factor in the crash.
Seleska faces a fine of up to $500.
Haschel says the investigation is still ongoing as authorities await the results of toxicology tests.
“There is no suspicion at all of drugs or alcohol with the driver of the pickup,” said Haschel. “That’s just a matter of the investigation running its course.”
Family and friends packed First Baptist Church in Denton on Friday to say goodbye to Hooper.
Friends have set up an account to help both families at BBVA Compass Bank in Fort Worth. Donations can be made under Patrice Crowley’s name or they can be sent to PO Box 77105, Fort Worth, TX 761077.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures