Dog Files As Candidate For Irving Mayor
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Irving residents came this close to having a canine candidate for mayor.
His name is Dylan Westie and on Tuesday morning, Mark Howard, his owner, agent and attorney, filed a petition on the Terrier’s behalf to be on the ballot for the May 5th election.
His owner says Dylan has some serious thoughts about the problems plaguing Irving – and has even taken to Twitter to have his bark heard.
“He doesn’t do a great job at typing,” said Howard. “But…you’ll find some really good tweets out there.”
Howard has been writing political satire since 1984. He says he spends his mornings at the coffee shop listening to local talk and then posts reports on his blog, which has recently focused on the infighting on the Irving city council.
“You have 2 factions doesn’t seem to be getting anything done…that needs to be done.”
So Howard filed a petition, complete with valid signatures to put Dylan’s name on the ballot for mayor. As the paperwork explains, Dylan is a registered “son of a…female Westie.” However, the city said Dylan’s not a registered voter–and therefore, doesn’t qualify.
A shame, Howard says considering Dylan’s DNA.
“If you look at all the cat fighting, what better way to solve a catfight than get a dog in the mix,” said Howard.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Fort Worth Police Looking For Man Who Assaulted Woman
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- Flower Mound Police Catch Accused Belk’s Burglars In The Act
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures