FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man who was watching his girlfriend’s 13-month-old son has been charged in the toddler’s death.
Tarrant County jail records show 24-year-old Oscar Martin Armijo of Fort Worth was being held Tuesday on a murder charge. Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Armijo, who was arrested Friday and bond set at $75,000.
Fort Worth police say Armijo was caring for Angelo Jeovanni Ramirez last month while the toddler’s mother was at work. Investigators say the boyfriend allegedly became upset because the youngster cried and fussed when his mother left.
The boy known as A.J. died Jan. 15, a day after being taken to a hospital with breathing problems and other injuries. Police say the child was beaten or possibly dropped on a floor.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Found In Trinity River In Dallas
- Performance Auto Parts Retailer Opening Super Store In Arlington
- Chinese Doctors Use Baylor Cardiac Rehab As Model Program
- Convicted Child Rapist Added To Texas 10 Most Wanted List
- Fort Bend County Sheriff Looking For Missing King Cobra
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures