GLEN ROSE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – No animals were injured in a Monday night fire at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center at Glen Rose.
The blaze destroyed the gift shop.
Park Warren Lewis says it may take a year to rebuild, but in the meantime the park is still open to the public.
A release from the park said, “While we are very grateful for many people offering to clean up the site, we are unable to accept volunteer help at this time because investigations are taking place.”
Fossil Rim is home to over 50 species of wildlife including rhinos, giraffe, wolves and cheetah.
Donations can be sent to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, 2155 County Road 2008, Glen Rose, Texas 76043 or directly through the website.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Video May Identify Texas A&M University Students Accused Of Yelling Racist Slurs
- Police Chase Goes Through Four North Texas Counties, Ends In Waco
- Fake Online Florists Causing Problems For Legitimate Businesses, Customers
- 12-Year-Old Pens Uplifting Essay A Day Before She Dies
- Dallas Police Officer Celebrated For Calm Under Fire
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures