Source: Lakers, Mavs Maneuvering For Kevin Love
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
(CBS SPORTS.COM) – The Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks are trying to assemble trade offers for prospective free agent Kevin Love, but thus far the Timberwolves have given no indication they’ll consider moving the All-Star forward by Thursday’s deadline, league sources told CBSSports.com.
Love will be a free agent in 2015, and it is widely known around the league that he and his agent, New York-based Jeff Schwartz, are determined to get him to a major market. The Lakers, Love’s first choice, “have the best shot” of landing the Southern California native, one person familiar with the player’s thinking said. There is no incentive in the CBA for Love to sign an extension with Minnesota before he has a chance to decline his player option and hit the open market in July 2015.
Giving up significant assets for Love would be problematic for any team that isn’t confident it will be able to sign him when he becomes a free agent. That is obviously not an issue for the Lakers.
- One Of Last Plano Farms Up For Sale
- Lung Donation Recipient Meets Donor Family
- 85 Years For Admitted Lake Highlands Serial Rapist
- Snowden, Assange Top Bill At SXSW Tech Gathering
- Keidel: NBA Needs To Raise Age Restriction
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures