DALLAS (AP) – Former President George W. Bush is scheduled to speak on helping military veterans transition back into civilian life.
The address is planned for Wednesday at a summit at the George W. Bush Institute on the Southern Methodist University campus in Dallas.
Bush will address challenges and opportunities veterans face re-entering civilian life, and the institute’s creation of resources for them.
Dr. Jill Biden also will speak Wednesday. Vice President Joe Biden’s wife and first lady Michelle Obama founded the Joining Forces campaign to rally the country around its servicemen and servicewomen.
The summit also will feature panel discussions that include leaders in business, academics and nonprofits.
The policy institute is part of the George W. Bush Presidential Center at SMU. The center also houses the presidential library and museum.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Arrested, Charged With Kidnapping After Victim Found Safe
- CBS Sports’ Trent Green On Week 12 Bills-Chiefs Matchup, More
- Man Who Allegedly Stole Fort Worth Fire SUV, Bloodied And Busted
- Cowboys Fall At Home To Chargers On Thanksgiving
- What NHL Teams Are Thankful For
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures