Cowboys Win Coin Flip To Secure 16th Pick In NFL Draft
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – No, the NFL hasn’t changed the team’s seemingly perennial 8-8 record. But on Wednesday morning in Indianapolis as part of the draft combine festivities, the league supervised a coin flip to determine whether the Cowboys or Baltimore Ravens would pick 16th in the May NFL Draft.
Dallas won the flip – the Cowboys’ logo coming up on the winning side of the coin – and will begin with the No. 16 pick. The Ravens will have the No. 17 pick.
Both teams finished 8-8, but the NFL needed a tiebreaker because they also finished with the same strength of schedule. It’s unscientific, but the results are valuable; if a team wanted to swap up from 17 to 16, the historic cost of doing so would be a fourth-round pick.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Hatcher Sees New Level Of Hate In Cowboys-Redskins
- Gruden: Redskins Still Planning To Start McCoy
- 90’s Vs Now: Comparing The Triplets
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures