DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Fire crews are battling a brush fire at UNT’s Discovery Park, the university’s research and engineering facility.
The engineering building has been evacuated as firefighters attack the blaze, which has ignited a stack of nearby power poles. Firefighters are using foam to try to smother the fire, and keeping an eye on the winds which is driving smoke toward the school building. One person has been treated on scene for smoke inhalation.
According to Denton Fire, the fire is a couple of acres large and as of 4 p.m. crews appear to have it under control. UNT’s Discovery Park is about five miles north from UNT’s main campus.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Choppy: The Kings Are The Latest NBA Soap Opera
- 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend Preview
- ‘Affluenza’ Teen Ethan Couch Postpones Court Appearance
- Family Awarded $53 Million Over Deadly Kyle Field Fall
- Congress Gives Final OK To Local Internet Tax Ban
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures