Brush Fire Ignites At UNT’s Discovery Park
Get Breaking News First
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) - Fire crews are battling a brush fire at UNT’s Discovery Park, the university’s research and engineering facility.
The engineering building has been evacuated as firefighters attack the blaze, which has ignited a stack of nearby power poles. Firefighters are using foam to try to smother the fire, and keeping an eye on the winds which is driving smoke toward the school building. One person has been treated on scene for smoke inhalation.
According to Denton Fire, the fire is a couple of acres large and as of 4 p.m. crews appear to have it under control. UNT’s Discovery Park is about five miles north from UNT’s main campus.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Perry Open To Sending US Troops To Iraq
- Keselowski Gets 1st NASCAR Truck Series Win
- Ron Washington To Manage MLB All-Stars In Japan
- Garrett: LB Holloman’s Career Likely Over Due To Neck Injury
- Former Teacher Tammy Lowe Found Guilty Of Manslaughter
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures